Roger Federer, a Swiss star, who have 18 Grand Slams to his name is one of the most influential personality of his time. Ever winning star lost his heart to Women’s Tennis Association Player Mirka Federer and got married to love of his life in April 2009. Though we are well aware about our favourite sport star, but here are few facts we might want to dig into:
1. Roger Federer is the only single’s men player to win 10 consecutive grand slams.
2. He was a Vegetarian.
3. Mirka Federer, Roger Federer’s wife, was also a Tennis Pro.
4. Mirka met Federer in 2000 Olympics.
5. Mirka and Roger played Doubles at Hopman Cup in 2002.
6. Roger Federer was gifted a cow after he won his first ever Wimbledon. He named her “Juliette”.
7. Mirka has been a great support and manages her Husband’s Career.
8. Roger opted out of Madrid Open as he wanted to be by his wife’s side during her pregnancy.
9. His Tennis icons are Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg.
10. Federer’s favourite vacation destinations are Dubai, Maldives and Swiss Mountains.
11. He is very good friend with Golf ace Tiger Woods.
12. He loves to play piano.
13. Roger and Mirka are parents to twin girls in 2009 and twin identical sons in 2014.
14. Federer’s loss to Novak Djokovic in 2015 Wimbledon is the 3 years span without a Grand Slam Title. It is his longest winning-less streak.
15. Federer is the 7th most influential personality of Switzerland.